Pet Transport to USA
As Australia’s leading pet travel company, we can provide a complete door-to-door pet transport service to any USA destination – North America, South America and Central America. The good news about preparing pets to enter the USA is that there are no specific blood tests or vaccinations that are required. At Dogtainers, we back up our expertise. Dogtainers Australia has been transporting pets to and from the USA for 45 years. We not only have the experience to transport your pet safely; we also have the track record.
Popular destinations include but are not limited to Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Honolulu, Dallas, Chicago, Washington, Houston, Boston, Denver, Seattle and Atlanta. International pet transport to Los Angeles from Australia flight time is approximately 16 hours, Dallas from Australia is about 14 hours, New York is approximately 22 hours.
Dogtainers can move all types of pets to the USA, including dogs, cats, birds, fish, reptiles. Your pet’s comfort, safety and welfare is our number one priority, giving you complete peace of mind for a completely stress-free service. Our business has been transporting pets to the USA for over 45 years. As such, we not only believe that we have the experience to transport your pet in a safe, friendly fashion, but we also have the expertise.
Dogtainers can complete a range of services for your pets USA travel:
- Collection from your residence
- Rabies Vaccinations / Microchipping
- Clearance at destination
- Import Permits
- Blood tests
- Veterinary checks
- IATA approved International Travel Crates
- All Flight Bookings
- Government Health Certificates / Approvals
- Delivery to the residence at destination
IMPORT REQUIREMENTS to the USA (General Information)
Requirements for domestic pets:
- In good health
- Vaccinated for rabies
- Over six months of age
- Valid Rabies Certificate
- Valid Health Certificate
Requirements for commercial pets:
- In good health
- Vaccinated for rabies, distemper, hepatitis, leptospirosis, parvovirus, and parainfluenza virus (DHLPP)
- At least six months
Specific paperwork must accompany the dog on its trip to the US, including:
- A health certificate and rabies vaccination certificate, issued in English by a veterinarian with a valid license to practice veterinary medicine in the county of export; and
- An import permit issued by APHIS.
Requirements for dogs travelling to the US from countries or regions where screwworm is known to exist
May enter the US if they meet the following criteria.The dog must be accompanied by a certificate signed by a full-time salaried veterinary official of the region of origin stating:
- The dog has been inspected for screwworm within five days before shipment to the United States.
- The dog is either free from screwworm OR was found to be infested with screwworm and was held in quarantine and treated until open from screwworm before leaving the region.
Requirements for dogs travelling to the US from countries or regions affected by Foot and Mouth disease:
Owners of dogs imported from countries or areas affected with Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) are advised to take the following precautions to stop the introduction of FMD from pets entering the US:
- The feet, fur, and bedding of the pet should be free of any excess mud or dirt.
- The pet’s bedding must be free of any straw, hay, or other natural bedding.
- The pet should be washed on arrival at the destination.
- The pet should be kept isolated and apart from all livestock for at least five days after entrance into the United States.
When relocating to the United States with a pet, please provide owners passport copy, AWB, rabies certificate and health certificate.
When relocating to the United States with a commercial pet for re-sale, please provide owners passport copy, AWB, rabies certificate, health certificate and APHIS import permit.
Want to know more? Learn about our Care Code
Dogtainers offices around Australia partner up and work with the RSPCA helping to reunite pets with people.
Members of IPATA
We are members of IPATA (International Pet and Animal Transport Association), which ensures that we have trusted travel partners in every country of the world to ensure Any Animal, Anywhere, Anytime philosophy is maintained with the same high levels of care that we offer.