Most Experienced International Pet Travel Services
At Dogtainers, we want to make sure that your move overseas is a stress-free process for you and your furry friend. We have offices all across Australia and the United States, so our team will take great care of your pet at both ends of your journey. As the leaders in pet transportation, we can provide a complete service to any destination in the USA – North America, South America, and Central America.
Dogtainers has been providing international pet transport services from Australia to the USA (and in reverse) for over 45 years. Our pet transportation company employs experienced professionals to ensure that your pet is in the most capable hands. Dogtainers can provide international pet relocations to the US for all types of pets, including dogs, cats, birds, fish, and reptiles. Taking care of your loved one’s comfort, safety and welfare is our number one priority.
Dogtainers works with 90% of the largest and smallest airlines across the globe. We will always find the most direct route, so you are reunited with your cat or dog as soon as possible. Depending on your situation, we can provide airport-to-airport service, door-to-door service, or a tailor-maid solution for you.
Popular US Destinations
Some of the most popular cities we transport pets to include New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, Boston, San Francisco, Honolulu, Dallas, Houston, Denver, Seattle and Atlanta. Flight time to Los Angeles from Australia is approximately 16 hours, Dallas from Australia is about 18 hours, and New York is approximately 22 hours.
- Specialist advice from a dedicated pet travel consultant.
- Manage bookings for your pet, including flights.
- Help to select the best size travel crate for your pet.
- Options to buy or hire an airline-approved travel crate from our IATA specified stock.
- Allow time for your pet to adapt to their travel crate before moving day.
- Advice and schedules for pre-import blood tests and vaccinations (including rabies).
- Endorsements and vet checks with overseas animal health authorities.
- Assist with arranging Government Health Certificates and export/import permits
- Arrange a comfort stop on their way.
- Options for road transport in our temperature-controlled pet travel vans, to drop-off and collect your pet.
- Provide photo updates of your pet before take-off, and check-in with you once they’ve arrived safely.
When you choose Dogtainers for your international pet shipping service to the USA, your fur babies will have a safe and sound journey.
At Dogtainers, we believe in creating the best possible experience for you and your pets, which is why all international customers fly under our International Service Guarantee. We designed this guarantee to ensure your peace of mind. By choosing Dogtainers for your pet’s international arrangements, we take the stress out of your move to the US. As a member of the IPATA (International Pet and Animal Transport Association), Dogtainers has trusted pet travel partners in every part of the world.
Import Requirements to the USA
The good news about preparing pets to enter the USA is that there are no specific blood tests or vaccinations that are required. However, each state and territory has its own rules for pet ownership and importation, which may differ from the federal regulations. Hawaii and Guam have stringent quarantine regulations for pet importation.
For Domestic Pets:
- Animal is healthy
- Vaccinated for rabies
- Over six months of age
- Valid Rabies Certificate
- Valid Health Certificate
For Commercial Pets:
Under the US Animal Welfare Act, importing dogs into the United States for the purpose of reselling must meet the following conditions:
- In good health
- Vaccinated for rabies, distemper, hepatitis, leptospirosis, parvovirus, and parainfluenza virus (DHLPP)
- Minimum of six months in age
And, have the following paperwork accompany the dog on its travel:
- A health certificate and rabies vaccination certificate issued by a licensed veterinarian; and
- An import permit issued by APHIS (Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service)
Pets Fly Like Us
Transporting your pet by air is the quickest and most efficient way of moving your pet to or from the USA with the least amount of hassle. For international flights, live animals travel in the cargo cabin, which is pressurised just like the cabin you fly in. The plane’s captain is aware that your pet is on board and keeps the aircon set to a comfortable 18ºC.
Call Dogtainers now on 1300 13 52 52 to start planning your pet’s journey to or from the United States.
Want to know more? Learn about our Care Code
Dogtainers offices around Australia partner up and work with the RSPCA helping to reunite pets with people.
Members of IPATA
We are members of IPATA (International Pet and Animal Transport Association), which ensures that we have trusted travel partners in every country of the world to ensure Any Animal, Anywhere, Anytime philosophy is maintained with the same high levels of care that we offer.