Pet Transport United Kingdom
Most Experienced International Pet Travel Services
At Dogtainers, we want to make sure that your move overseas is a stress-free process for you and your furry friend. We have offices all across Australia and in London, so our team will take great care of your pet at both ends of your journey. While it is a long-distance, the route from Australia to the UK is a popular one for pets and families.
Dogtainers has been providing international pet transport services from Australia to the United Kingdom (and in reverse) for many years now. Our pet transportation company employs experienced professionals to ensure that your pet is in the most capable hands. Taking care of your loved one’s comfort and safety is our number one priority.
Dogtainers works with 90% of the largest and smallest airlines across the globe. We will always find the most direct route, so you are reunited with your cat or dog as soon as possible. Depending on your situation, we can provide airport-to-airport service, door-to-door service, or a tailor-maid solution for you.
- Specialist advice from a dedicated pet travel consultant.
- Manage bookings for your pet on the most direct route to your destination, includes flights.
- Help to select the best size travel crate for your pet.
- Options to buy or hire an airline-approved travel crate from our IATA specified stock.
- Allow time for your pet to adapt to their travel crate before moving day.
- Advice and schedules for pre-import blood tests and vaccinations (including rabies).
- Endorsements and vet checks with overseas animal health authorities.
- Arrange a comfort stop for your furry friend before boarding flights.
- Options for road transport in our temperature-controlled pet travel vans, to drop-off and collect your pet.
- Assist with arranging a third-country official veterinary certificate.
- Provide photo updates of your pet before take-off, and check-in with you once they’ve arrived safely.
We understand that a lot is going on when relocating pets overseas, so it is our job to make the process as simple as possible. When you choose Dogtainers for your international pet courier service to the UK, your fur babies will have a safe and sound journey.
At Dogtainers, we believe in creating the best possible experience for you and your pets, which is why all international customers fly under our International Service Guarantee. We designed this guarantee to ensure your peace of mind. By choosing Dogtainers for your pet’s international arrangements, we take the stress out of your move to the UK. As a member of the IPATA (International Pet and Animal Transport Association), Dogtainers has trusted pet travel partners in every part of the world.
Under the UK Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA), there are a few guidelines for bringing pet dogs and cats into the country. If all of these conditions are met, then there are no quarantine requirements upon arrival. However, if the rules are not followed, then your pet may be quarantined for up to 4 months.
Requirements to enter the UK:
- Pets must be microchipped
- Have a pet passport or third-country official vet certificate
- Up-to-date rabies vaccine
- Tapeworm treatment for dogs (1-5 days before departure)
- Travel with an approved transport company and route
Banned Pet Breeds in the UK
In the UK, several types of exotic animals are permitted to be owned as pets, including Bengal cats. However, some dog breeds have been banned in the UK. Under the Dangerous Dogs Act (1991), it is illegal to own or import the following breeds of dogs into the United Kingdom:
- Pit Bull Terrier
- Japanese Tosa
- Dogo Argentino
- Fila Brasileiro
Pets Fly Like Us
Transporting your pet by air is the quickest and most efficient way of moving your pet to or from the United Kingdom with the least amount of hassle. For international flights, live animals travel in the cargo cabin, which is pressurised just like the cabin you fly in. The captain of the plane knows your pet is on board and keeps the air-conditioning set to a comfortable 18ºC.
Call Dogtainers now on 1300 13 52 52 to start planning your pet’s journey to or from the UK.
Want to know more? Learn about our Care Code
Dogtainers offices around Australia partner up and work with the RSPCA helping to reunite pets with people.
Members of IPATA
We are members of IPATA (International Pet and Animal Transport Association), which ensures that we have trusted travel partners in every country of the world to ensure Any Animal, Anywhere, Anytime philosophy is maintained with the same high levels of care that we offer.